By the time MALS students received their degrees, they will have improved their ability to:
- write in a variety of academic genres, including expository essays, critical analysis, research papers
- analyze and interpret texts in a variety of academic and literary genres
- think critically about a social and cultural issues using perspectives derived from more than one academic discipline.
- demonstrate effective written and oral communication
- be familiar with the central issues and methods of analysis in a variety of disciplines.
- conceptualize, research, and prepare a substantive capstone project